MLTSHP Code of Conduct
- Be kind
- Don't be a troll
- Don’t harass the site or each other
- Don’t dox the site or each other
- Don't spam the site or each other
Let’s keep MLTSHP a haven of awesomeness.
Strive For More
MLTSHP is special because we are honest, funny, and genuinely care about each other. Here’s how you can be a part of this community:
Be welcoming. We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports everyone, regardless of level of experience, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, color, immigration status, social and economic class, educational level, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, personal appearance, political belief, religion, mental and physical ability, or other similar characteristic.
Be friendly and patient. Have you ever not known something? Think back to those times and treat others the way you would like to be treated. Strive to keep your snark light and friendly.
Be respectful. We don’t have to agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior and poor manners. Frustration is acceptable, but personal attacks are not. A community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is no fun for anyone. We will strive to resolve disagreements and differing views constructively.
MLTSHP posts are sometimes funny, intriguing, beautiful, dark, juvenile, silly, mesmerizing, or anywhere in between. We try not to police content, but some guidelines can help keep MLTSHP visits pleasant.
- Please flag your post NSFW proactively if it might be unwelcome in a workplace. Don’t get crabby if someone else flags your post NSFW.
- Depictions of non-consensual physical or sexual abuse, violent acts, or outright gore are prohibited. Not sure what this means? Ask us!
- Overtly sexual or racist usernames or other usernames that might detract from a welcoming environment are prohibited.
- Accounts, posts, or links to pages for the purpose of monetization of user views are prohibited.
- Sometimes community members may offer items for sale to other community members; this is cool. However, accounts created for the primary purpose of business promotion are prohibited.
We understand that asking users to generally “be nice” doesn’t offer a complete picture of acceptable behavior. Here are a few examples of unacceptable behavior, though this list is not meant to be exhaustive:
- Harassment and other exclusionary behavior aren't acceptable. This includes, but is
not limited to:
- Violent threats or language directed against another person, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion.
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material outside of a personal post flagged NSFW.
- Posting (or threatening to post) other people's personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist terms.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. ANY sexual attention after being told to stop.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Repeated harassment of others. In general, if someone asks you to stop, then stop.
- Private harassment is also unacceptable.
- Likewise any spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing behavior is not welcome.
Reporting and Consequences
- If you feel a post or comment thread needs moderation, please contact the MLTSHP community moderators right away.
- If you feel you have been or are being harassed or made uncomfortable by a community member, please contact the MLTSHP community moderators right away. Whether you’re a regular contributor or a newcomer, we care about making this community a positive place for you and we’ve got your back.
- Moderators may determine that content or comments are inappropriate even if they are not specifically addressed elsewhere in this code of conduct.
- Inappropriate content may be removed by community moderators without notice.
- Users asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- In an effort to keep our spaces positive for everyone, moderators and administrators may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion of users from all MLTSHP spaces.
- Disagreements with MLTSHP community moderators should be addressed in private with direct communication. Policy disagreements on posts or comment threads are not allowed.
This Code of Conduct draws heavily from codes of conduct at ZA-Tech, Rust, and Django and is inspired by the spirit of MetaFilter’s Posting Guidelines.